Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Five Things Meme

Wendy started her Five Things Meme post with a comment that resonated with me:
I'll admit I am not a huge fan of chain letters or tagging games.

Then at the end she tags me. That doesn't seem right does it? Of course, it's kinda like hazing, because I'm going to do the same thing...

Okay, so five things you may or may not know about me:

1. I'm 6'6" tall and play beach volleyball at least twice a week (Manhattan Beach, California) and still have a AA (triple is highest)), but am trying to lose it so I can start playing tournaments with my kids.

2. I have 3 kids, daughter-12, son-9, son-6. They are a LOT of fun. And they get a lot of beach time as well!

3. I was on the golf team in college and at one time held my home course (China Lake Golf Course) record of 7-under, 65. I had a +2 handicap at the time (they added strokes to my score) ... which seems a bit unfair. But, in comparison to some of the other people I played against in college such as Duffy Waldorf ... I wasn't very good. Man those guys are good.

4. I like to play video/computer games (since I was a kid). Currently I'm playing quite a bit of Civilization 4 and some Wii Tennis on the game at work. The Wii is pretty fun game play.

5. I yell positive encouragement way too much when I go to my kids soccer and baseball games.

Yikes - I sense a theme in these. Must be the time of year.

In terms of tagging - I'm not sure who's already gone through this ... I apologize for continuing the pain ... hehehehe ... you see after you've been hazed, you ... well, you know ...

Dave Lee
Donald Clark
Dave Boggs
Brent Schlenker
Clive Sheppard
Jim Belshaw
mark oehlert

5 comments:

bschlenker said...

Thanks, Tony! I'm game ;-)
Cheers!
b

Mark said...

Thanks TK...I'm in here.

Anonymous said...

A theme indeed. Anytime we're picking sides for a (sports) team event, I want you on MY team! Or perhaps I should say wheedlingly, Please can I be on YOUR team???

As to the shouting encouragement thing, I'm just the same (which in England, is somewhat frowned upon. Tough!). I think you'll find that we share that with Vicki Davis, too. She recently posted about screaming her way through a football game between her alma mater and their arch rivals.

Wendy said...

Yay! Thanks to all of you for playing.

As much as I admit my hesitancy about chain letters etc, this game is a great example of distance community building.....

BTW - no threat of me challenging you in golf...you'd probably get tired of watching me hack the ball down the fairway :' )

Anonymous said...

Tony, here: not sure how to insert the link in the way Mark did - http://professionalservicesmanagement.blogspot.com/2006/12/five-things-meme.html